How to take care of your footwear
Moreover, the humidity in the weather could make you sweat more, leaving a foul smell in your shoes and socks. Here are ways to take care of your footwear during this season.
- As soon as you return home, wipe the muck off your footwear using a clean and moist cloth.
- If you wear sports shoes in the rains, dry them by loosening the laces.
- Do not keep footwear in closed cabinets without completely drying them.
- Drying shoes under direct sunlight can do more harm to your shoes. Leave them to dry under the fan instead.
- Always wear clean socks.
- Try sticking to rubber footwear and avoid wearing expensive shoes.
- Avoid wearing leather shoes in this weather. However, if an occasion demands you to wear them, apply a wax-based polish. This will create a thin protective layer that provides light resistance to water and salt.