Foot Care for Monsoon: Liberty
· Intense cleansing of feet is very important in monsoon as they would get accumulated with dirt and mud. Wash your feet with antiseptic water as soon as you reach home. It is necessary to keep your feet clear of any infections. Use natural disinfectants like soda and vinegar in a tub of warm water to kill bacteria.
· Scrubbing your feet should be avoided during monsoon. We do not want nicks or sensitive skin prone to infections. Just cleaning and keeping them dry is enough.
· Take a mixture of water and lemon in equal quantity. Dip the tissue or cotton into this mixture and apply it to your feet. This simple procedure will help to remove the odour and also smoothens your feet.
· Do not neglect the spaces between your toes and fingers. Dry them properly and sprinkle talcum powder between them. There are higher chances of fungal infection in the spaces.
· After drying, trim your nails and push back the cuticle. You have to rinse your feet once again and pat them dry. Get yourself a moisturizer for the feet, which must be applied, every night before sleeping. This will not only help you get rid of the dead skin but also keep your legs flexible.
· Applying petroleum jelly on feet after cleaning also helps to moisturize and prevent water contact directly with skin as it repels water.
· Do not wear closed, tight-fitting footwear. Avoid wearing boots and shoes as they hold water thereby making it sodden. Use slippers or sandals instead.
· Always keep a separate dry pair of work shoes at your office, college locker. So you can swap the wet footwear with dry ones when you reach your work place. That way you avoid sitting uncomfortably in the wet footwear and invite less infections.
· Always wear clean and dry cotton socks. Do keep extra pair of socks so that you can change them once you reach your destination after the travel.
· Do consult your family physician in case of infections. Do not neglect any warts or lesions on feet.
Inputs by Liberty Shoes Ltd.