DGM of Woodland Retail shot outside home in Ghaziabad

The DGM of Woodland Retail was shot dead by two unidentified armed assailants outside his residence in Shakti Khand-IV in Indirapuram on Friday morning. Police said the deceased, Nitin Sharma (36), had recently sacked some employees in outlets in the NCR after finding some irregularities and there was a possibility that he was eliminated as an act of revenge. Nitin was with the company for the last eight years as DGM (retail).

DSP RK Pandey said the deceased was killed when he returned to his residence around 8.15am after dropping his two daughters at Cambridge School in his Grand Vitara SUV (DL3C BR 1300). "After he locked his SUV, two persons came and started talking to him. Within two minutes they took out pistols and started firing at him. Nitin ran towards his residence, but by the time he entered the apartment the accused had shot him several times," Pandey said.

Local residents ran towards the apartment after hearing the shots. Even Nitin's neighbours stepped out to find him in a pool of blood. The victim's wife, Shalini, told the police that after she heard the shots and came rushing out of the house, she heard her husband shouting, "Why are you shooting me? What is the reason?" The victim was then taken to Shanti Gopal hospital in Indirapuram where he was declared brought dead.

The post mortem report reveals that Nitin was shot with six bullets, two on his forehead, two on the chest and two in the stomach. Two other shots hit a scooter and his car, behind which he tried to hide. The two men fled through a side alley where they had parked a motorcycle. Police added that the colony watchman also saw the accused from the back and said they were in their early twenties.

After the police were informed of the murder, a crime investigation team reached the place and cordoned off the area. The team recovered 10 bullet shells of 30mm from the spot. Police sources said that Nitin had reportedly got a call at 8.12am enquiring his location.

SSP Prashant Kumar said that several teams have been deployed to investigate the case. "The employees sacked by the deceased are also under the scanner," Kumar said.

During preliminary investigation, police found that Nitin had made and received several calls from a mobile phone located in Rohtak. IG, Rohtak, Alok Mittal, said, "So far, Ghaziabad police have not contacted us. We will definitely cooperate in the investigation."

"In the last two months, Nitin had sacked many employees in outlets in Delhi-NCR, including Shipra mall in Indirapuram and Opulent mall in Ghaziabad after finding some irregularities. During initial investigation, we came to know that Nitin had even had slapped an employee in a Woodland outlet in Kohaat Enclave in Delhi," said Pandey.

The deceased by the survived by his wife Shalini and daughters Vanshika (10) and Anshika (6). He lived on the second floor apartment on Plot No. 827 in Shakti Khand-IV. He had a love marriage with Shalini 12 years ago after meeting her in Jaipur where she was studying.

Popular Posts